Nothing compares to your natural tooth’s look, feel, and function. Brushing and flossing regularly and undergoing six-month dental checkups will ensure you keep your pearly whites for a lifetime. Your teeth may get infected or diseased and require additional care.
Always investigate procedures that will preserve your teeth when possible. You may think that having a tooth extracted is unnecessary, especially since no one else can observe it. Still, you will be aware that your tooth is missing, which will harm your quality of life.
Please don’t get a tooth extracted because you think it’s pain-free and cost-effective. Missing teeth can cause tooth misplacement, tamper with chewing abilities, and kill your smile.
It’s critical to understand your options and how they’ll affect your tooth as well as your future dental health. Keep your original teeth when possible, and give first priority to endodontic treatment for optimum health and cosmetic results.
Endodontists are experts in tooth preservation. They can assess your situation and provide the best treatment approach to help you save your teeth for life. An endodontist’s root canal treatment is painless and often causes less difficulty during recovery than having your original tooth pulled.
Take the time to read more about root canal therapy and some of its frequent misconceptions, and then visit a dentist near you to take the first step toward a pain-free, healthy mouth.
Understanding Root Canal Infections
A root canal infection is a medical disorder in which the innermost part of the tooth, or the pulp, gets infected or injured due to decay or injury. It further leads to multiple mouth illnesses and disorders like toothache,swollen gums, the inability to chew painlessly, and many more.
Root canal therapy near you is a dental care procedure that includes removing infected or decaying pulp, cleaning and sanitizing the tooth’s interior, and cementing it to stop further infection. It is frequently employed to safeguard a tooth that would otherwise have to be extracted. A dental crown is typically fixed to the affected tooth to reclaim its durability and performance.
Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
Out of many, here are the top ten benefits of root canal therapy:
- Wipes out toothaches and relieves pain
- Kill tooth sensitivity
- Stops infection from spreading further
- It keeps your smile intact
- It deals with dental issues quickly and easily.
- It demands little to no maintenance post-surgery
- Ensure zero teeth shuffling
- Painless procedure
- Saves hundreds of dollars
- Gets covered under health insurance
Debunking Myths and Misconceptions
- It is Painful: Anesthesia makes root canals painless in most cases.
- It Causes Unhealthiness: Root canals do not result in systemic disorders.
- Extraction is Better: Saving a natural tooth is frequently preferable.
- Low Success Rate: Root canal therapy is successful.
- Seeks Multiple Visits: Most root canal therapies can be accomplished in a single visit.
- Delaying is Okay: No, it’s not. Delays can lead to difficulties.
- It Weakens Teeth: Teeth are supported following a root canal.
- Level of Pain: Not all diseased teeth generate considerable pain.
Aftercare and Recovery
- Once anesthesia effects fade away, start eating on the treated tooth’s opposite side.
- Eat semi-liquid food while avoiding spicy and sticky food items for a few months.
- Engage in a thoughtful oral hygiene routine every day to maintain your mouth’s health.
- Don’t skip any follow-up visits to your dentist in SE Calgary, even after your root canal is permanently sealed and filled.
Alternative Options to Root Canal Therapy
The fundamental alternative to root canal therapy in SE Calgary is tooth extraction. Usually, the extraction is followed by implant dentistry or bridges made of porcelain, whichever suits the need best.
Make an Appointment
General dentists can expertly render an array of services, which makes them primary dental professionals. When a general dentist decides that a particular patient has one or more infected teeth, the next thing to do is salvage the teeth by performing a root canal. Because measures are put in place once the therapy is completed, the risks of a future infection in that tooth are reduced.
And the good news is that Inglewood Family Dental does exactly that! Visit us today to get your root canal therapy consultation or appointment on the go.