Did you know 15% of the population will clench or grind their teeth at night? This condition—called bruxism—often goes undetected until a family member hears grinding sounds when you are sleeping, or your dentist notices the signs of bruxism. When diagnosed early, bruxism may be treated with a simple appliance called a Night Guard, before it causes significant damage to the teeth.
Signs of Bruxism
If you suffer from bruxism, you may experience headaches, jaw pain, earaches, sensitive teeth, chipped teeth, broken fillings, eroded gums and the eventual loss of supporting bone.
After an extensive examination and patient history, we will formulate a plan that is aimed to help resolve bruxism issues. Our office can help to evaluate your symptoms, devise a treatment plan, and work with you to relieve the discomfort of bruxism.
What Are My Options?
At Inglewood Family Dental, we recommend custom Mouth Guards. Custom Dental Night Guards are made to precisely fit your teeth making them the most comfortable option for sleeping.
- To care for your Night Guard is simple, by following these easy steps:
- Ensure your Night Guard is clean before and after each use by using cold water and a toothbrush to remove any build-up.
- Store your Night Guard in the case provided. It is important to use a firm, perforated container to allow air to circulate and to prevent damage.
- Keep your Night Guard away from hot temperatures, such as hot water, direct sunlight, direct heat surfaces to minimize distortion of its shape.
- You will notice your Night Guard develop general wear throughout its use because the Night Guard is protecting the teeth from damage. If you see any holes or if it becomes uncomfortable to wear, contact our office.
- Bring your Night Guard to each regularly scheduled dental visit to ensure it is in good condition and functioning as intended.
To learn more about bruxism and how a custom fit Night Guard helps treat your symptoms of bruxism, please contact us at (403) 265-5888 to schedule your visit with Dr. Arash Ravanbakhsh!
Call us at (403) 265-5888 to request your Dental Night Guards consultation at Inglewood Family Dental today!